- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS FOR GRAND GLASS & HARDWARE LTD
1. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd reserve the right revise these terms and conditions at any time. Both online and offline sales fall under these terms
2. All sales contracts shall be deemed to incorporate these conditions except where any change has been agreed in writing between the parties.
1. Prices are valid for 14 days from the date on your quote
2. For supply only customers, the price is an estimate of the materials and labour required for your order. Price may change based on the actual materials and service supplied.
3. For supply & install customers, all measurements and installation costs are subject to confirmation by a complete site measure and inspection once the order is confirmed. Any variations to the quotation as a result of the full site measure and inspection will be advised to the Customer prior to commitment of expenditure.
4. Upon acceptance of quotation, a 50% deposit is required. For supply only customers, the balance owed to be collected before dispatch; For supply & install customers, the balance to be paid on completion of installation.
1. The Supplier will retain full ownership of all goods supplied until such time as the purchase price has been paid for in full
2. The customer accepts that the supplier may enter the customers premiers to remove goods not paid for
3. Payment can be made by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Buyer and the Seller. For online transfer, it may take few days to receive the payment, please send a screenshot of remitting as proof and use quote or invoice number as your reference
1. Warranty period: 5 years warranty for materials; 10 years warranty for NANO coating products; 12 months warranty for installation
2. If the material is found to be at fault, then Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd will either replace the material or refund the original material cost. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd will not accept any claim for any consequential losses, nor will any recompense be made to the customer for initial installation costs
3. Any warranty may be null and voided if the Goods are modified, damaged or altered by the Customer in a manner the Goods were not designed to perform.
1. Types of producer statement: PS1 - Design; PS3 - Installation
2. Generic PS1 can be provided for free; Site specified PS1 can be issued with $50+GST extra charge
3. For supply only customers, a PS3 document can be issued by the person who conduct the installation with the support of our PS1
4. For supply & install customers, cover sheet & PS3 will be issued by Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd upon full payment received
Shipping & Delivery
1. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd ships materials national wide.
2. Within Auckland region, Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd will deliver the materials by company van; For delivery out of Auckland region, materials will be shipped by wooden pallet through freight company
3. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd gives no warranty that the courier or delivery vehicle shall deliver at the arranged date or time
Returns and Refunds Policy
1. Care must be taken when placing an order to ensure that the correct products are ordered to suit your project. Returns that are through no fault of items will attract a restocking fee of 10% of the product returned and the freight costs of the return will be borne by the customer. This cost should be calculated carefully by the customer as it may be the case that the freight is more expensive than the amount requested to be refunded
2. All products delivered through freight companies should be unpacked within the first 48 hours after being delivered to inspect for loss, breakages or damaged products
3. Glass should not be left stacked together with no space between panels as this can attract moisture to form in between the panels. Sometimes this can cause staining of the glass
4. Grand glass & Hardware Ltd accepts no responsibility for staining that occurs to glass if we are not notified within 48 hours of delivery
5. If in the event your goods are incorrect, faulty or damaged on delivery and this was not noticed when they were first examined you must notify Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd in writing within 2 days of receiving your order
6. You have a duty of care whilst the product is in your possession and it is preferable that the product be returned in its original packaging. We will consider the overall condition of the product being returned and we reserve the right to bill you for any damage incurred by yourself or poor re-packaging if the product is returned is in such a condition that the item needs to be reduced in price for stock or disposed
7. We will exchange the product or issue a full refund. If we cannot provide an exact replacement (the item is out of stock or discontinued) we will recommend a substitute as an alternative. If you are not satisfied with this then a full refund will be issued to you
8. The rights to returns & refunds the goods will not apply in the following circumstances:
- In the event that the product has been used, damaged after delivery. It is the customers responsibility to check what items they have received before using or installing anything
- In the event that the product has been damaged during installation, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product
Glass handling, breakages, inherent risks and installation
1. When handling toughened glass, the utmost care must be taken to avoid any personal lifting injury and/or glass breakages
2. Whilst toughened safety glass, when broken will shatter into small cube like shapes these small fragments of glass can still cause small lacerations to skin when handled
3. If in any case the tempered glass does shatter always ensure that gloves are worn for the clean-up. Heavy duty steel dust pan and brush should be used and glass placed in a small vessel then carried to a larger refuse bin
4. Care must be taken and correct, safe lifting practices must be employed to minimize the risk of back injury. Always use your legs to lift rather than your back, crouching down with a straight back and rising up slowly with one hand placed underneath the panel and one on the side to stabilize it
5. Always ensure that the path where the glass will be carried is free from obstructions and trip hazards. If possible a third or fourth person should act as a spotter and guide the people carrying the glass through the safest route possible
6. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd accepts NO responsibility for any injury or lass or damage to property through the mishandling of glass and hardware products
1. Materials should be stored under cover, protected from weather and in the shade, until ready to install
2. Grand Glass & Hardware Ltd will not be held responsible for issues that arise from poor storage