1. Does the products I purchase from Grand Glass comply to NZ Code?
Here at Grand Glass, all of our products completely meet NZ regulation. Every toughened glass panel has a NZ safety stamp on the corner. All of our balustrade & pool fence hardware have been strictly tested to comply with NZ code and certified by the third-party engineer.
2. What documents do I need to get CCC for my balustrade and pool fence?
Generally, each project will need at least 2 documents. One is the Producer Statement 1 which is the engineer`s report for the complete balustrade/fence system. Another one is the Producer statement 3 which refers to the installation process. Some council may require Cover Sheet as well but it can be easily filled with the information from PS1. In some special case, like extreme high wind zone , a PS4 may also be required.
3. What documents can Grand Glass provide?
- If we supply glass panel only: NZ safety stamp already printed on every glass panel. We also can send you a certificate document if needed.
- If we supply glass and fixing hardware: PS1 & Cover sheet can be provided
- If we do the installation: PS3 will be filled by Grand Glass.
4. Who can do the installation and issue PS3?
If the products have the support of PS1, anyone can do the installation and issue their own PS3 for council.
5. Do I need Producer Statement for glass shower?
No, PS is not required for shower. However, the glass panels have to have NZ safety stamp.
6. What level of wind zone can your balustrade/pool fence system cover?
Our balustrade / pool fence systems are tested to cover up to EXTRA high wind zone. They can be used for projects at extreme high wind zone as well but a specific PS4 from engineer is required.
7. What is the warranty?
- 15 Years warranty on glass panels
- 5 Year warranty on hardware
- 12 Months warranty on installation
1. Will the hardware you supply rust?
We guarantee that the quality of our hardware is top of the market. We use Duplex 2205 S/S on posts and pins, 316 S/S on handrails and 304 S/S on shower hardware. This ensure our products are much better rust-resistant. However, it does not means that stainless steel would never rust. A regular clean and maintaining is required to prevent the “tea spots” on the products surface.
2. Which system would suit my project better?
Grand Glass has wide range of styles to cater to all different needs of our customers. Each system has its own features. We have posted plenty of pictures and information on our website. It is also a good idea to give us a call on 094789778. We would love to assist in any way.
3. How much would a glass balustrade or pool fence cost me?
The price would depends on the system and layout of your project.
4. Do you have showroom where I can see the products?
Yes, our showroom is located at 34B Constellation Drive, Rosedale, Auckland. You are welcome to check the products and talk about your project with our experienced staffs.
5. Do I have to have a handrail on my glass balustrade?
Yes, based on the updated regulation at June 2016, a continues rail is required for a toughened glass balustrade on the deck with over 1meter drop. The rail can be top capped on glass panels or offset from the inner side of glass panels.
However, there is a toughened laminated glass products which meets the purport of the law without a handrail. Click Here for more information.
6. How do I clean the glass?
The best time to clean your fence is in the morning or late afternoon. Hose the glass down with clean water. Use a sponge or soft brush / broom to apply a gentle soap, like washing up liquid and water. Remove the soap suds by hosing it down with good clean water and leave to air dry.
7. Does coating worth it?
Yes, of course. The main reason of using glass rather than other materials around your deck or pool is due to its sparkling, clear and luxury look. To maintain it and save 90% of your time in cleaning, you need the help of the Nano-coating. Click Here for more information.
1. How can I be sure that I`m ordering the right number of panels and hardware?
Before placing your order, it is a good idea to email us a rough sketch of your project. Our team will be able to give your plan the once-over and check the needed materials for your project. Also, feel free to give us a call anytime. We are more than happy to talk through your project over the phone.
2. How can I place a order?
The orders can be placed directly through our website or through email.
3. I have plans for our project. Can you quote off the plan?
Yes, we can. Please send your plans to email@example.com
4. Can you provide custom made products?
Yes, we can. Apart from the standard stock products as displayed online, we also offer our customer another wide range of custom products:
- Cut to size toughened / non-toughened glass panel in 5mm, 10mm, and 12mm, 15mm
- Cut to size mirror / mirror splashback
- Grey tinted glass panels
- Frosted glass panels
- PVB and SGP Laminated glass panels
- Hardware powder coating
For more information and ordering, please send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org/
5. What is the lead time of my custom order?
- If the custom order is from the oversea factory, the lead time is 6-10 weeks.
- If the custom order is from the local NZ factory, then the lead time is 5-10 work days.
6. Does the products` quality from local factory better than the one from oversea factory?
No, our oversea factories are also NZ/AU certified. For some production line, the equipment of oversea factories are much more advanced than local ones. Hence we 100% guarantee that the quality of our products from both sides are equal.
7. Do you accept credit card?
Sorry, we don`t accept credit card. For pick up customers, we have Eftpos to take debit card at our office.
1. Can I pick up my order?
Orders can be picked up from our warehouse at 34B Constellation Drive, Rosedale, Auckland. Since there is no package on glass panels, please bring some towels or cardboard or carpet, tie downs. The best way to transport glass panels is to lay them down flat. Hence please make sure the vehicle has enough space.
2. Do you do delivery?
Yes, we can do Van delivery within Auckland region. The cost will be between $70-$150 per trip. For orders outside Auckland region, we will build a custom crate for each order and let transportation company do the delivery.
3. How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Once you have placed your order, please allow up to 48 hours for it to be packed and crated correctly. We take great care when packing your order to ensure that all glass arrives on site in mint condition. We have a remarkably low rate of breakages – far lower than industry average.
- To North island: 2-4 working days
- To South island: 3-5 working days
4. How to check my shipping cost?
For small items, the shipping cost will be calculated automatically while check out. For delivery around Auckland region, the delivery cost will also be added while check out.
For large order with glass panels, the shipping cost will be manually calculated and confirmed by email after order placed online. However, we have given a guide table on the description section under products. Besides, you are welcome to give us a call to confirm the shipping cost before placing the order.
1. Do you offer installation services?
Yes, Grand Glass have in-house installation teams stand by for our customers in Auckland region. In some case, we also send our installers to projects outside Auckland but a surcharge will apply to the total price.
2. Can I get my builder or myself to install your products?
Yes, our systems are well designed to be easily installed. It is one of the main advantage of our products. Beside, as all our systems have PS1 supported, the person who do the installation will be able to issue their own PS3 and do not need to be registered with council.
3. What if I need help while completing my DIY installation?
First, a installation guide of your order can be provided upon request. Then, the team at Grand Glass have a wealth of experience and are always happy to assist in any way possible. Just give us a call on 09-47897789 and we’ll get you on the right track.